Fisheries Development Board was established in October 2007 by the then Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 1984. FDB is set up to provide and maintain a platform for enhancing and promoting fisheries sector in Pakistan, where the participants, professional and intermediaries may discuss issues of common interest, identify new solutions that enhance the efficiency of that sector, initiate development programs, promote regional and global integration and to undertake activities in Pakistan and / or abroad........Read More
Fisheries Development Board is efforting to promote fish culture of high value species like Pangasius and Tilapia in Pakistan. In this context, FDB had imported and distributed fish seed amongst the fish farmers in Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan last year. On the basis of study conduct on the imported fish seed, road shows conducted in Punjab and Sindh wherein fish farmers showed keen interest to culture Tilapia. In April 2012, about 350,000 Tilapia seed was provided to fish farmer and about 150, 000 kg of fish production is expected till 30th December.
- News: Training Program! FDB is executing a project under which different types of fisheries related trainings would be given.
- News: Shrimp Farm! A project has been launched to develop a cluster shrimp farm at Sindh.
- News: Cageculture! A cageculture program through joint venture with private sector is going to be launched in next month.
- Training Programs
- FDB intend to organize trainings programs for Fisheries sector , interested candidates fill the attached form and send by email or mail.
- Job Opportunities
- FDB is seeking applications from qualified and experienced persons for Karachi/Thatta and Islamabad Office. Applicants can also send their CVs on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tender for Machinery & Equipment
- Sealed Competitive Quotations are invited from bidders for purchase of Machinery & Equipment for which tender is upload on PPRA website.